The Internet, Cyber, & Copyright practice group at Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer provides experienced and knowledgeable legal counsel with coverage of all copyrightable subject matter. These include software, databases, musical works, sound recordings, books and other literary works, audiovisual works, and pictorial and graphic works. Our legal services encompass every conceivable aspect of copyright, including:
- Copyright licensing and assignment.
- Copyright issues uniquely applicable to the Internet and mobile ecosystems.
- Copyright enforcement.
- Fair use and exploitation of copyrighted material.
- Analysis of copyright ownership.
- Registration of copyrighted works.
- Moral rights.
- Duration of copyright protection.
Whether our clients are freelancers, sole proprietors, start-ups, hi-tech companies, copyright collectives, public sector organizations, or brick-and-mortar businesses, we help copyright owners maximize the value of their assets by properly protecting their copyright interests every step of the way. We also provide copyright litigation services – enforcing copyrights against infringers and defending clients from accusations of alleged infringement.
Our copyright-related services also include counseling and enforcement relative to the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), on matters such as “safe harbors” (limiting the liability of infringement regarding online material),“notice and takedown” procedures (including registering an agent at the U.S. Copyright Office as required by the DMCA), and copyright protection systems (circumvention of technological protection measures).
The Group also provides expert representation for all types of licensing agreements including:
- End user software license agreements
- Software-as-a-Service agreements for online services
- Evaluations and beta testing agreements